Ashish London Fashion Week S/S 09

Day 6.. 19th Sept

video

My plans for the final day of LFW started with Bora Aksu and ended with a mad dash home from Vauxhall Fashion Scout to catch the Aganovich video short "Zeropoint"on Showstudio.com. In between there was Ashish, Modernist and Inbar Spector and a day of crazy (in a weird way) energy. The sun was out, it was warm, I was a little over dressed. I met up with friends and got distracted and generally I could have edited the day a bit better. But.. (there's always a but..) it was all worth it. Its been a fantastic week, I've been shown lots of love.

Picked up on a few trends.. a fair bit of black I believe we are in mourning, for life as we knew it. Its a tough social and economic mood hence the black brigade. Beaded fringing, loud leg wear, 80's stone washed denim customised with badges and patches courtesy of Ashish Gupta, a feel of the 50's from Eley Kishimoto and Avsh Alom Gur and the rumblings of experiential collection presentation see Reem, Theatre De La Mode and Aganovich.

I have quite a few video shorts to pick from but I'd like to end the week with Ashish a dizzy mix of styles and references, eclectic leg wear, sequinned fatigue, 1930's Hollywood glamour and the sounds of 100's of badges. From being in the rafters on day1 some how day 6 and the crazy energy in the ether put me on the front row opposite Agyness Dean and Albert Hammon Jr. I had a fantastic uninterrupted view of the catwalk, no heads and finally fantastic lighting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashish is amazing. Brilliant collection and beautifully put together show.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above comment. I was at this show and found it to be one of the best I saw all week. Professionally put together and altogether inspiring.

t5m said...

Have a look at the London Fashion Week channel on http://www.t5m.com/london-fashion-week , with some great fashion coverage. We have just finished filming at

London Fashion Week and have some inspiring exclusive videos on our site. We have footage of all the catwalk shows and backstage interviews with the

designers. The runway shows and interviews with the celebrities are on there too.