Eley Kishimoto London Fashion Week S/S 09

Day 3.. 16th Sept

video

Eley Kishimoto "Little Devils" is the favourite meaning.. most wanted collection I caught at the British Fashion Council Tent this week. As I walked in and took my place on the bloggers back row (this time I ain't mad.. it was a gorgeous collection) I grabbed a better vantage point and looked around for the kids I could hear frolicking over the noise of the tent filling up, it turns out it was the sounds of mood music setting the scene for "the world of little girls and nonsensical reality". The collection was playful and nostalgic but not sentimental.. look out for a feel of the 50's, a semi fitted Jackie O navy, red & white shift dress, empire waist sundress', a flower hatfro, straw visor hats, beanies .. lots of hats! Lizard textile prints and the Viktor & Rolf inspired helmet wearing the Eley Kishimoto graphic zig zag yellow suit. Catchy sounds selected by Daniel Pemberton went from 'ring o ring o roses' to Santogold 'The Creator' and ended with the Real Thing 'Can you Feel the Force' .. how quaintly curious..

1 comment:

Ondo Lady said...

I saw their collection last year and it was simply gorgeous. I hope to catch them next Feb. It was lovely seeing you at LFW and I am glad to see that we are both fans of the Koodos/Vauxhall Fashion Scout press room.