I'm a Performing Doer.. what type are you?


What else is in a name or more to the point a blogger. I came across an intriguing link mentioned in David Millers article over at Creative Class. The link sends you over to Typealyzer.com a fun tool that “finds out what type” of blogger you are. I did a personality test recently which told me I'm a hands on 'doer' type. So I was curious what the typealyzer could tell from a 7 second analysis of my 200+ blog posts on style canteen and 16butestreet.blogspot.

However it pulls information together I'm presuming it does through search on repeat key words or something similar? This tool is easy, fun and strangely quite accurate, it has me down as a doer and a performer, an accurate deduction I might add.
x
The doer is..
The active and playful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities. The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through". Thats interesting that it picked up the starting something new than following it through trait (usually customising projects, I have half a wardrobe full of nip & tucks I've started and lazily forgotten to finish ). However I'm not the physical out-doorsy activity type but I do love being out there in the style & culture mix.
x
The performer is..
The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves. The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation (who me??!) qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions. Exhausting sounds about right, I consciously slot editing videos and answer emails time into my bus rides to and from university. Every little chunk of time is spoken for. Managing school work, time, family and blogging really should be a new year resolution.
Obviously these tools are not meant to be definitive but I do wonder whether there are common characteristics in fashion bloggers? I thought it might be interesting to see how I compared to a celebrity blogger like Paul's Blog (Paul Smith) on Vogue.co.uk but the site is down so no joy there. Never the less taken with a large pinch of salt the Typealyzer.com makes for very interesting reading.
x
images by Sol at Accented

2 comments:

Ondo Lady said...

I took the test and I am pleased to say that I am a doer.

Style Canteen said...

hey fellow doer, isnt it interesting. Doer , performer pretty much sums me up!