Only Shades of Grey


Derek Lawlor

According to the calendar its officially spring, the season that hints at cute stuff we miss like sun, heat and colour. I sit lounging and blogging in my oversized size grey sweater from M&S gents department, I wear these swamp me tops when I need to study. The main reason is too get super comf in library and read till my eyes hurt (which they are). The mental associations with the colour grey are located somewhere in between pain and torture.
Enza Avolio
Because of this I'm itching for an for an injection of colour and Bill Cunningham observations 'On the Street Gray Days' make me slightly nervous. Bills a funny guy, he chuckles at his own comments, which is cute, in a 'he's such a nice bloke' kind of way but he picked 'only shades grey', a trend Li Edelkoorts predicted in 2006. Spot on, we're here now getting with grey, the new black and the perfect vista for spring summer brights.
Charlotte La Roche
Bill's suggesting hocus pockery in the textile industry, what else could have made Carine Roitfeld do a u turn from her uniform black. Maybe he has a point? these 6 designers are from Central Saint Martins A/W 09/10. I'm forced to borrow these images from Style.com, I had the perfect vantage point sat cross legged at the end of the runaway in the pit with the professionals, my 8mega pixel zoom focused on Tyson Beckford! but as I've already mentioned the camera tea leaf has them (as you can guess I'm still not over it yet). I saw the greys coming down the catwalk and shades of grey look set to be around come September.
Favourite .. Abigail Briggs

1 comment:

Helen-LG said...

While I'm not feeling the La Roche American Footballer silhouette I really like most of these.
I'm fond of grey but, like you, tend to mainly wear grey clothes for housework/being comfy while reading in and so don't necessarily associate the colour with the catwalks. Glad to have my perceptions widened though.
..So much so I'm having a hard time picking a favourite! - I want to play with the Enza Avolio dresses and their hoops, they've got my attention but also love that first Lawlor dress (top and skirt? Not sure) the Briggs dresses look gorgeous too.

Sorry to hear about your 'tea leaf' issues hope you get that sorted! Was it insured?