Hearts to Smith's Rosebud Salve

So, I was watching one of my many 'reality tv guilty pleasures' Running In Heels earlier this week and experienced a De Ja Vu moment ( other wise known as a Holy Smoke I'm getting old! moment) , when one of the very stressed Marie Claire interns scored an exclusive behind the scenes interview with hotter than hot model Chanel Iman .
Chanel was asked to divulge a secret beauty product which all uber models used . I almost fell off my chair when she reached into her Chanel ( of course dahling!) handbag and pulled out a tin of Smith's Rosebud Salve! This is a lip balm which has been around since 1895 and which I have used since the mid 1990's . It was gifted to me by my then boyfriend who I was living with in New York at the time . He had a somewhat strange fascination with my lips and being a model ( him not me) , was always being sent lots of covetable products from PR Agencies . I had never heard of Smith's Rosebud Salve at the time but Sly ( the boyfriend) assured me that all models used it on their lips,elbows,cuticles and even on their eyebrows. I struggled to open the tin, not because it was especially difficult to do so but just because I am pretty hopeless at opening tins,bottles and the like. The delicately rose fragranced salve had me addicted from the moment the cover eventually popped off and I was amazed at how such a seemingly simple product could deliver so much moisture and softness. I was immediately hooked. My lips really don't respond to anything else ( aside from men with twinkly eyes) . Admittedly,I have been rather selfish and kept this little insider beauty secret to myself...until now. I am caring , I am sharing...

L.O.V.E. Chantal

No comments: