Mpho ..Box N Locks





Mpho looks really familiar, I'm sure from the time I spent freelancing as a music publicist working with Jonzi D on the Apricot Jam nights. Could be totally wrong and it be another girl ? Whatever the connection is, she's been on the circuit for time, its good to see her working it! I likey her latest track Box N Locks alot but then I am partial to the 'Echo Beach sample by Martha and the Muffins '. Mpho Originally from South Africa hence her style quotes Africa albeit mixed with a edgey street edge!
Loving this energy, she's another siren artist making noise. Her musical heritage and history explains it all, her pop's is Eugene Skeef aka South African musical legend Sipho Mabuse. Born in SA wiki says she spent her 1st birthday in a South African jail, her family fled Aparthied and resettled in South London. Like father like daughter we had to post her dad's video. I'll be keeping eyes and ears open for more from Mpho..

No comments: