the nailgirls


The "nailgirls" Jo & Lynda Burrell

Last week I broke the deal I had with myself to work every evening on my research paper. Instead took an evening of and joined a bloggers gathering hosted by Glam Media UK at # 5 Cavendish Square. CEO Samir Arora and Charlotte Smith blessed the mic as they say. And in place of a soya hot chocolate and croissant dinner from Pret a sympathetic waiter made sure my tum was blessed with an endless supply of much needed canapes.

Nicest part of the evening was meeting Lyndalouise and Joanna Burrell the entrepreneurial savvy sisters behind nails spa nailgirls. I have little in the way of nails to tend so i usually avoid drawing attention to my hands. But I caught up in the buzz and energy of the nailgirls experience that caution was thrown to the wind and I left with a perfect teal green manicure.

Talking to the Nailgirls I discovered that bubbly duo launched their nail spa 7 months ago in Islington and have already built up an impressive clientele. I've a bit of an understanding of the challenges of a start-up business and dug a little deeper to find out what their secret weapon was.It turns out its the baby sister Lyndalouise, she spent 11 years working as a fashion stylist in New York. Armed with NY grit and commercial business experience she had the workings of the idea to set up a luxurious, girly, affordable neighbourhood nail spa in London. Sister Jo Jo invited me along to the salon for more up beat nail indulgence with the nailgirls family and a week later I'm due for a visit as my nails are only just starting to chip!
teal green.. great for making you nails pop!

No comments: