In the Village


Lest we forget what the 4th P stands for.. its promotion at this time of year it also stands for press days! A chance to be up close up and personal with next seasons collections and to add a little reminder of warmer days to come. We bring you the essence of summer to a winter post. A few favourites from Village Press press day a few days ago.. Brands I'll be keeping an eye on Baracuta, Filippa K, Shipley & Halmos and putting in a order for a Gloverall duffle pac-a-mac, and mystery shoe brands that I'll be following up on..

I make no apologies about my allegiance to Ashish and I really, really bought into his Beach Boys glamour Hawaiian cruise story. Lost myself, for a moment in the twangy aloha music he selected for his catwalk presentation in September. And now that I've seen them, yes to the vests with low cut arm holes, the sequinned t-shirts and the studded denim sleeveless jackets (which I think weigh more than I do!)

Still loving the whole of the Pointer concept shoes, branding and time machine! They have a lovely pair of browny / tan / sandy leather / suede shoes (not pictured!) that would be a nightmare for a reckless shoe wearer like me. But hey, they are the ones I'm coveting after..


We're still going for the detail in the heels.. Some mystery ultra thin hiiiigh.. heeled sandals!

and loved the heel on these shoes from another mystery shoe brand.. ??

Not sure that I'd be able to pull any of these off but the Bernstock Speirs S/S 10 collection reminded me of the strategically placed Laduree's below too.. too nice, they hit the spot every time!

& ..the candy floss crazy horse chestnut & hot dog vendors..

No comments: