Ms Miller is Back in Style!

Whew! I am so happy to see the back of 2009 . It was, to sum it up my 'Annus Horriblis' . I have never experienced a year so filled with loss,emotional turmoil and the unrelenting questions of 'what can I do to make it all better?' , 'How can I fix this ?' , 'When will this end ?'. Only when faced with such tragedy do you really see the blessings that are family and true friends. We all pulled together and somehow got ourselves through a year where at times we felt that we.just.couldn't.take.anymore. Well, it was tough , but we did it .

I have missed posting regularly to Style Canteen and have tons of exciting 'Beauty Finds' to share with you all. I thought that the only way to greet the new Beauty Year would be to take a look at what the HOT trends of 2010 are predicted to be . What will have us queuing in the rain ( or snow!) at 6:00am in the morning so that we are the first to rock the 'must have' shade of lippie or nail enamel ? What innovations in skincare will have us salivating at the Liberty's beauty counter ? What underground beauty movements will Style Canteen unearth before they explode into the mainstream ?

Here's a sneak peek !

Makeup looks for this year fall into two main camps - Experimental - think deeply stained lips , bold black eyeliner and lashings of mascara as a daytime look in ...SPRING . Very Goth like but prettier. Nails adorned with Ghetto Fabulously chic colours and funky nail art . (We plan to head down to Dalston's uber cool Wah Nails to get our manicure on) and the emergence of 'Face Art ' ( that's actual paintings on the face) as a more everyday option instead of being confined to those of us that participate in Carnival every year.

Then on the other side of the equation... try casting your mind back to Brooke Shields in The Blue Lagoon ( come on..you KNOW you watched it) .The Natural -beached out glow with contrasting strong, dark eyebrows and nude but glossy lips is a key look to work this coming Summer. Do compliment this look with short but vividly coloured nails . Try anything from OPI's new Alice in Wonderland collection ( Mad As A Hatter is our fave) .



This year the Beauty Team will bring you more interviews, more interaction and lots more FRESHNESS .

Stay tuned and stay warm my beauties...

L.O.V.E.
Chantal

2 comments:

NL Mills said...

I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us Chantal. I'm trying to focus on the health of my nails so that I can wear some of those funky nail art designs with pride!

Heidi said...

I am droooling Chantal. I am sitting here in anticipation of what you will bringing us next!
I am feeling inspired to get my nails and face lookin' as sexy as ever for summer!!