Tori Amos / What? Magazine

From what I know about Tori Amos she's a hugely popular private person, our in house make up artist Norah Nona spent some time with Tori on a shoot photographed by Victor de Mello for the cover of WHAT? magazine. And here we have an exclusive scoop on the laws of attraction with Tori Amos... In Nora's own illustrious words..

"Hi its Nora Nonah, make up artist to the fabulous.. with hair and make-up done Tori looks at Victor and says “are we ready? lets go” Fully aware that he's addressing a music legend, in a boyish voice Victor asks her “what kind of music do you like?”.. “ Rolling Stones” she says.
She tucks her head into her chest, slowly lifts her arms in the air like an eagle before raising her fiery mane of red hair a even more slowly reveals dark dirty smoky eyes and looks straight at the camera.


It seems that Victor and Tori had yet to be introduced, here's an introduction the Mello way.. "please allow me to introduce myself he says, I am a man of wealth and taste. I’ve been around for a long long year stolen many man’s soul and faith. Pleased you meet you I hope you guessed my name?" That’s what I love about Victor! he can so read a situation. He was letting Tori introduce herself to him through music. The Devil by the rolling stones could not have been a more appropriate start to the shoot with the daughter of a preacher.

Quick change of looks styled by Karen Binns who’s been working with Tori since she was in her 20s and she’s back in front of the camera. With the song Miss You now playing Tori, wearing a black tasselled top and tight white jeans moves to the music which wraps itself around her and we're all tuned into Tori's sensuality that suddenly enveloped the room. In that moment she owned that song and we where the lucky ones able to see this beautiful side of Tori up close and personal.


I thank Karen Binns Publisher & Editor of What? Magazine for making it happen.
Victor De Mello for understanding women
Kavita Kaul for always being there for me
Barry for loving Tori and great hair
Tori Amos for sharing yourself with us, showing us another side of her.

images courtesy What? Magazine

17 comments:

carina said...

absolutely gorgeous pictures, where can I buy this magazine in the UK and when will it be out?

adrian said...

how would one obtain a copy of this issue? would very much like to add to my Tori collection. thanks!



adrianlaborde@yahoo.com

style canteen said...

UK retailer .. try R.D Franks http://www.what-mag.co.uk/blog/?p=34, better still try the publisher. http://www.what-mag.co.uk

Anonymous said...

They fixed his teeth in the last photo D:
It looks great anyway

Carmven said...

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this with us:) Now I must find a way to get a hold of that issue here in Brazil...lol. Gorgeous pictures, I think it's been a long time that Tori wasn't made justice in her pictures, but these definitely deliver the way Tori deserves! thanks, again! - C

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous photos. It's nice to see beautiful photographs of Tori representing the edge so many of us have feared she might've lost. I hope she'll bring this quality of fierceness to her next body of work. I've missed her terribly all these years.

Ash said...

Absolutely stunning

Anonymous said...

The photos are amazing, havent seen this side of Tori since To Venus and Back...it's been awhile.

Anonymous said...

Beautful & Sexy!
Her message on the photo is one of the reasons I love her so much. Spread Fear? Spread Love!

cherry bonbon said...

will the REAL anonymous Tori Amos fan please stand up! Why all the anon comments, where's the real fans?!?

Christoff said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Roll on Zurich!

Stoff

samson soboye said...

Well all you Tori fans you can buy a copy of WHAT?magazine from my fabulous
boutique called SOBOYESOONG in Shoreditch
www.soboyesoong.com at the princely sum of £1.00! But please be quick copies are selling fast...
PS- Great shoot from the unstoppable Nora Nona
www.noranona.com. Tori looks the best I have seen her in ages...

K said...

The energy of all the great people who were there that day really shine through in the fabulously juicy images. Tori, Karen and Nora three wonderfully strong and inspirational women.
Beautiful work, beautiful vibe...beautiful.

Anonymous said...

very plastic hybrid looking..

Kelly said...

As a U.K. based Tori fan, I contacted Karen Binns via email & was told that both Soho Books & R D Franks in London, U.K. are retailing copies of the magazine (which costs just 92p!) I had no joy when I called Soho Books, so I Googled R D Franks, phoned the number that I found & a helpful person at R D Franks posted a copy of the magazine out to me for £2.92 (ie: an extra £2 for P&P). If you'd like your own copy therefore, I'd suggest calling R D Franks!

Anonymous said...

I met Tori last november........she was drop dead gorgeous....i couldnt speak to her........i was so embarrassed. these are great pics......now on my desktop.

Anonymous said...

WOW, beautiful pics! As a side note, they did fix Tori's teeth in the last shot...! Anonymous is as anonymous does :D