I'm Not Scared of Colour

My Beauty Editor Chantal has been trying to coax me into playing with colour. I'm usually a barely there make up girl, I save colour for my nails, a little mascara and gloss and i'm out the door. But I've had some very good news and i'm in a celebratory mood and today is my birthday! So as Mademoiselle Chanel put it “If we agree that eyes are the mirror of the soul, why not also admit that lips are the mouthpiece of the heart? My heart is full with cheer and couldn't think a better way to show it. I'm loving Chanel Rouge Coco, re-visioned by Peter Philips, Global Creative Director of Chanel Makeup. I felt like Peter was talking to me when he referred to women from the gloss generation, who are afraid of lipstick! So to prove a point I jump in with gusto, and try darker pigments to compliment my darker skin tone.


This morning I have two colours to play with Rouge Noir and Ballet Russe, I tried them both. The first thing I fell for is the creamy texture, they are very easy to apply. It really was a case of one sweep over the lips and my lips were coloured and covered in a melt away balm. After a couple of tries and I've found a favourite, Rouge Noir.. its been a favourite with women who love lipstick since 1996 and today I join the ranks. A dark intense plum, slightly goth out for the night colour on lighter skin tones, for darker skin like mine the reverse works. There is an art to wearing dark lip colour so to ensure I dont turn up at my first appointment looking like Coco .. the clown I've taken advice and use the tips shared towards the end of Mary Greenwell's 'How To' Lipstick Workshop.



So as I reach into my inner feminine beauty wearing Rouge Noir and a changed attitude. Today I am a woman who touches up her mouth with lipstick, I straighten my posture, pucker up and I'm on my to my first appointment accompanied by Coco Rouge in my new make pouch gifted by Samson Soboye with a new confidence and a delicate poise. I'm pretty pleased with these pictures to, taken on my Lumix I love the clarity! All in all not bad for a girl who's barely there!

6 comments:

Chantal said...

I am so proud of you for so many reasons! We need pictures of you actually wearing the lippie .
Now, just need you to embrace the wonderful world of sparkly eye-shadows....
Chantal x

Ondo Lady said...

Happy Birthday lady. I hope you have a good day and have lots of colour in your life.

style canteen said...

Awww lovely lady.. thank you Chan.. and i did think about pictures but i just couldn't face looking at post study puff eye syndrome staring at me from the blog to the mirror is bad enough as it is!

Chantal said...

I will send you some Nude Advanced Eye Complex sweetie ...it works wonders! . Enjoy the rest of your fab day x

Adorngirl said...

I love to experiement with the darker reds, and Chantal is right, a picture with the new daring you, would be great

style canteen said...

ahhh you guys!! i'm really.. really not very photogenic at all. I'll try figure it out..maybe ..thanks for the love though! X