Bad-ass Nails

Last Saturday I finally made my way down to bad-ass (their words!) Nail Art Boutique Wah Nails in Dalston. I am going to cut straight to the chase here. I absolutely LOVE THEM! Not only were the staff the most warm and welcoming bunch of fly girls I have ever encountered in a boutique- salon environment, but their choice in mood setting music was faultless. You know you are in the right place when you walk into a salon and the stereo is blasting SWV's 'Weak'. Admittedly, I was a tad nervous as I made my way there and had a few freak out moments at the thought of anything other than a simple one colour manicure. I mean, was I even cool enough to rock nail art ? Especially nail art created by the salon that has truly conquered the market in terms of uber -quirky- trend- setting -designs, Cath Kidston inspired cupcakes anyone? Once I arrived, Chloe the receptionist put me right at ease and happily agreed to let to me 'snoop' around the boutique and take a few random pics. I love the fact that not only can you get your nails 'did' but you can pick up the latest gear from up and coming designers as well as established brands such as Stussy. In fact, I hear rumblings of a Wah Nails- Stussy exclusive line coming very soon (but I will leave the fashion scoops to L-Boogie).

The layout makes it really easy to just browse around and see what turns up, almost like an Alice in Wonderland type adventure where nothing is as it's 'supposed' to be. I especially loved the pedicure corner and the 80's Debbie-Harry-esque inspired display of the myriad of nail enamel colours to choose from. My manicurist, Simona picked up on my initial trepidation and really encouraged me to just go for it while still ensuring that I was comfortable with the level of creativity. We finally settled on Purple Glitter-Half-Moons using Essie's Sexy Divide, a dark, jewel dipped purple as the base, O.P.I.'s Alice In Wonderland inspired Mad As A Hatter as the glittery half moons and Models Own's (my new nail enamel brand crush) Lilac Dream as the half moon divider. The result ? One VERY happy customer and newly created nail art aficionado!
I can't wait to go back and try a full Minx Manicure or maybe even the Leopard Print Mani/Pedi. If you do one thing this Summer I wholeheartedly endorse the Wah Nails experience and at £13.00 for a manicure (£18.00 if you want to indulge in the stress busting hand-arm massage) it's definitely worth it and so are you ;-)

P.S. For those of you that can't make the journey to my side of the city (East) then head to the newly opened Wah Nails salon at Top Shop (Oxford Circus) to get your nail art fix !

P.P.S. In case you're wondering ... I am blasting Summer Time by Dj Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince as I blog!

L.O.V.E. Chantal

2 comments:

marian said...

Now I am craving a manicure sharpish! They do some of the best designs!
fab piece hun
xoxo
Marian.

Style Canteen said...

why thank you Marian! Chantal will be pleased to know she's set your off craving for a manicure! lol XX