Quintessentially Jacques



The quintessential girls evening out last week was the launch of  Jacques Townhouse at a secret location in central London. It turns the secret is on Fitzroy Square in Fitzrovia. I’m a Londoner and know the city but I still ask Fitzrovia ? remind me where that is again.. Honestly, until a few years ago, I never knew Fitzrovia existed. I know Saatchi & Saatchi, the Sanderson building, BT Tower and the little petrol station that everyone goes to when they run out of gas in town. I just missed the fact that this is Fitzrovia. Pulling out a Celia Birtwell for Topshop chiffon dress and some heels, jumping on a bus to Warren Street I headed over to the “.. delightful pop up hotel concept created by David Carter from the award-winning 40 WINKS boutique hotel”. What an understatement that turned out to be. Walking towards 33 Fitzroy Square I can see giant pouffy pom pom’s hanging from the ceiling and Samson’s at the first floor window waving at me with a cupcake in hand! Using props and accessories No 33 Fitzroy Square has had the most amazing refit into an extravagant experiential boutique hotel concept, it is gorgeous! The launch event was a twist on the quintessential tea party. 


To bring the idea to life Jacques has teamed up with singer Sophie Ellis Bextor, to curate the ultimate Jacques Soiree. The only downside to my evening was leaving the Lumix at home so I’m exploring this extraordinary interior using the map on a handkerchief without a camera!! Thanks to Exposure and Samson’s iPhone I have some great images of celebrities in attendance and the decor in situ.. I wish I could show you the guests sitting on floor cushions in the 1920’s chill room complete with candles and the attendant winding up what looked like a gramophone radio, and the powder come dressing room full of vintage frocks and head dresses and the feather eyelashes as fluttered by Style Cartels Charlotte Smith on Lira Leirner blog the Portmanteau and make overs courtesy of Benefit Cosmetics new Lash Couture service and the lovely ladies from Vintage Patisserie that baked amazing cupcakes and the intimate music come DJ room where Keisha and her mates listened to Sophie amd Jameela in the basement. If downstairs looked like this I can only imagine what the upstairs looked like. I tried to sneak a peek but they were already occupied by sleep overs and were off limits. I’m pretty sure the sleep over rooms are fully booked now but if you get a chance, a late cancellation maybe to visit the whimsical, fluffy novelty world of  Jacques Townhouse at 33 Fitzroy Square, W1T 6EU.









No comments: