Port Magazine / Intelligent Style

You may have noticed I've been keeping an eye out and noticing menswear for a little while. I tend to just dip a toe in here and there because I don't always get it. So my growing appreciation of the conversations in print and on-line places like Mr Porter and Fantastic Man grows deeper by the season. As is Harris who always steer's me in the right direction. He hinted a few months ago about a forthcoming men's publication I'm thinking Port Magazine the 'new intelligent style magazine for men' which launched this week might be it.



It's a silly one but if it wasn't for the likes of Mr Porter, 'Port' the title echoed mature gentry types from a bygone age. Before my own stodgy mis-conjuring first impression imagination set in. I watched the video, laughed with Editor & Publisher Dan Crowe of Zembla and Another. Good to see Ekow Eshun, Cultural Editor in the masthead and news reader Jon Snow. PORT offers more than "style for people who read style publications", that's just what I've homed in. Read the article on the effect of climate change on the Inuits its unnerving. So for me PORT is cultural, political and current affairs and feels a bit like Sunday Times and Sunday Times Style rolled into one. I'm sure it's impressive masthead will cement its voice as an influential and comprehensive publication. 

Back to the lighter side, browsing their Fashion + Style pages I spotted these reassuring 'likes' from their 'Spring Essentials' feature (sure the quilted tote by H by Harris would have made another great pick to issue 1 dont you think ?) I like Port, certainly as a style publication with substance and as a new inspiration destination and loving their humour / wit!


Love these bags.. Burberry Prorsum tote and..

Ally Capellino's wax weekender .. his name is ..'Dave' 

and... this slim cut mac by Mackintosh 

I would have teamed classic boat boots by Topman 
with the Mac and denim jacket..


Jurys out on these but cant argue with the sales figures
.. the Prada IT Brogue first spotted on Style Bubble 

Obviously I am way off mark, how can they be stodgey they dared to feature the A.P.C 1970's Futurist denim jump suit.. told you I dont always get mens!


No comments: